How can we make our towns and cities smarter?
Create a product. Pitch to Judges. Sell your vision.
The TU20 cup is back! Join us for Halton’s most exciting student tech entrepreneurship competition of the year put on by Silicon Halton’s Tech Under Twenty.
The TU20 Cup is a multi-month event focused on motivating youth to get involved with technology and business. Teams of 2-6 students will work with the help of a mentor to innovate a solution using technology relating to the yearly theme, in advance to the day of the event.
When the date comes, teams will present a 5-minute pitch of their project to a group of judges. Then follows a 5-minute Q&A period, where the judges will review the project based on specified criteria, and award prizes to the top 3 teams. The event also includes a community tech demo and a networking session.
Last year’s winners have now launched their product Starspeak (https://starspeak.io) and have been mentored by many local entrepreneurs.
1) Sign up on Eventbrite
2) After signing up, register your team using our team registration form
3) Get matched with a Mentor
4) Work with your team and mentor to build a prototype and business plan
5) Attend in person and online workshops
6) Create a 5 minute pitch and business plan to sell your vision
7) Present on March 3rd 2018 to a panel of judges
8) Enjoy the event, meet your peers, learn about companies in the smart city space and enjoy the pitches!
Prizes to be Won
1st Place Overall: TechIgniters 12 week session. Your team will receive guidance and mentorship from the brightest in Halton as a way to turn your proof of concept into a real product.
2nd Place Overall: Continue your smart city journey with this nifty prize. Big reveal during TU20 Cup!
3rd Place Overall: Have some fun with your team with this exciting prize! Prize revealed at the TU20 Cup.
1st Place High School team: We know university students can be intimidating. Have some fun with these cool gadgets!
Mystery Prize: Hmmm what can this be, on the day of, we shall see!
* All competitors must be 20 years or younger as of September 1, 2017 to qualify for any prizes.
** Everyone to receive free food!
We are offering a set of workshops that correspond to key components of the TU20 cup at Iroquois Ridge Creation zone. These workshops are free and anyone may attend!
Microsoft Canada HQ, 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga
Date and Time
Saturday 10am, March 3, 2018
Check Out The Recap Of The TU20 2017 Cup
Connect With Us
We are a supportive and helpful tech/business community of youth under the age of 20. We are a division of Silicon Halton
– the grassroots technology community of people who make a living, make meaning, and make things happen in Halton.
Use the form below to submit your contact information and get in touch with us. Alternatively, you can send us an email at email@example.com